Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Steve Irwin Zoo

Okay so I am so far behind on my blogging and I have lost a few blog posts that were in word and now I cannot find them anywhere so I will give you the jist of what I had and it is not going to be as detailed or good as the ones I had saved but it will have to work for now. This post is pretty much to get up some pictures and move on to other posts that I am behind on.

So Ian's best friend Sam came (not going into details, :( no time, sorry) and stayed here for a few days since he had just spent the last 9 months on a ship for the Marines. While he was here I was really busy with school but still made sure that we had fun while he was here and that he was occupied the whole time. The first day he got here we spent a day at the zoo and underwater world. Alice let me take her car for the day if I woke up early and dropped her off at work and then picked her up at the end of the day.

When we first got to the zoo we got to feed elephants and watch trained otters and we also saw a lot of crocs (it is the Steve Irwin zoo), other weird animals, koalas, kangaroos and lots more animals.

The most amazing thing about this zoo was that we got to hold a Koala, pet kangaroos (and kiss them if we wanted), feed elephants and watch live shows throughout the day. I thought this zoo was cool but I also have liked other zoos just as much if not more than this one. Sam thought this was the greatest zoo that he had ever been to and he even wanted to drop out of the Marines and pick up a new career at the Steve Irwin Zoo.
This zoo made me realize that I will never go to a zoo or an underwater world again until I have kids and they want to go. I guess I didn't think zoos were that fun. Although I did love this zoo and I loved how it was hands on and how they let you hold the animals and stuff I still think in order for me to be motivated to go I will have to wait many years before going to another zoo. I loved holding the Koalas because they were the most cuddliest animals in the world and they just wrapped right around you like you were the tree and they were so cute and close to your face.
I loved them and Sam and I both decided after we got to hold them that we both needed one for a pet, (obviously not real talk but WE WISH). We saw an amazing bird show with crocs and big snakes and other fun weird animals and this show was amazing. It was put together so well and you could tell that they have done it 400 million times before so they pretty much had it perfected to a TEE!

Too bad I can't show you the video but OH WELL. My other favorite part was the kangaroos. I laid next to them and pet them and they were so friendly and calm. It seemed like they loved to be pet because they spend all day getting pet and fed. The ones we saw were really tired and I opened the baby pocket on one of the young girl kangaroos. I just had to check and see if there were any babies in there and there wasn't

She didn't seem to mind too much that I opened her pocket so I must not have been the first to do it. We hung out with these guys for awhile because they were so cute and calm

We saw a lot more animals other than just kangaroos, koalas, and crocs but I can't put all of my pictures on here. I am mostly just annoyed that I am even typing this blog right now because I had such a good blog all typed up and ready to copy and past on here and it is just MIA. So everything I am typing right now just is frustrating because I dont have time to go back and explain the real experience that I had and spend time on these posts. Sam and I did more fun things besides the zoo but that was our highlight.
We saw this red panda and lots of other animals also that dont get to make my blog due to time restrictions, haha! We also went to under water world after the zoo. Both of these things are within 10 minute drive for me so it was easy and it was something that I needed to do because everybody has to go to the Steve Irwin Zoo while they are in Australia if they are in the right area like me. Everybody else has already gone but me and it was something that Sam really wanted to do so it ended up working out perfect. Ian did not want to go with me because he just says, "once you've seen one zoo you've seen them all". I would have never agreed with him but I think I do now. This zoo is awesome because it is really hands on and the shows were good but I dont want to spend more time in zoos for a while.
I really did have a great time and it was fun hanging out with sam because he was like a little kid in a candy store at the zoo beacuse he loved it so much but I just think I am okay not going for awhile... that's all.

After this we went to underwater world which was cool but again... not interested in going until someday my kids will want to go which is not going to be for a very, VERY long time. It is something that I can do without. I did like the underwater world more than the zoo though because there were massive sting rays the size of my whole room pretty much, (not that you know how big that is but its big for a sting ray). There was also sharks and saw nosed fish
And we went to a seal show that was awesome because the seals were trained so good and they could stand on one of their fins and do lots of other cool tricks. This part was my favorite part but Sam would disagree with me and say that the Zoo was the coolest thing ever. He liked the underwater world but he LOVED the zoo with a capital L. I don't think anything will change his mind on the zoo. He will work there maybe someday, haha! Okay... Sorry this blog is so bad and annoying but I just can't type in it too much more because I also lost another whole blog that talked about our underwater world and I dont even want to go into detail of that again because I already spent too much time typing it and now its gone so I am not ready to do it again.

okay, here is a few more pictures and then I have to move on to the blogs that I have actually saved in my computer that I made after the ones that got lost. There were a couple more that got lost but since there were not many pictures I will just skip those ones.

Also, I took Sam to Noosa with a group of people and we took the early bus and went hiking around there for awhile. The weather was not the best so we ended up leaving mid day but it was still a great time. And then Sam went with a few of my friends and they all hiked up the glass house mountains while I worked on my presentation and my final projects for my classes.
and then here is another cute picture of the boys posing at noosa!
Okay, sorry for the rush and I wish I could tell you more but I am too stressed that I lost those files... More fun blogs to come that are not as stressfull :). Hope you enjoyed the jist!

No comments:

Post a Comment