Thursday, June 16, 2011

Long random morning

After everything that we’ve done we finally survived in Thailand for 24 hours! That seemed so crazy because we did so much for such a short time of being there. After everything and even the sunset walk we talked about it and figured out that we have not even been in Thailand for 24-hours yet. We knew that since we were only able to stay there for a week that we had to jam pack in our days and make sure that we got a good experience out of this trip. There is absolutely no way that we would have been able to not get a good experience there because there is so much to do and it is so different and even learning about the culture made it fun.
I woke up early our second day in Thailand and Carly and Jourdan are both sleepers so they aren’t the best at mornings, but I’ve seen worse. I woke up and had a feeling that neither of them were ready to get up but I thought I would at least try. So I said, “Morning guys! Are you ready to wake up yet?” I didn’t get very far with that one but earlier in the week Carly and I talked about bringing our gym shoes so that we would be able to work out and she said she for sure wanted to and I knew I for sure wanted to so I knew if I threw out the “gym” word then Carly couldn’t say no because she already committed and I really knew deep down inside that she wanted to go. So I asked her if she wanted to go and she said that she didn’t because she needed more time to sleep. But Jourdan said she wanted to go so I was a bit thrown off by that because I knew she didn’t bring any shoes but I went along with it. So I got ready and she said, “wait where do you want to go?” and I told her to the gym and she immediately changed her mind and didn’t want to go. She thought I had said go get a massage so she was all about that but then when she realized it was to the gym, sleeping was a much better option for her. It was still pretty early so I understand how she got the words mixed up. Plus we had talked about getting massages because they are only $3-6 so we pretty much had to. By this time Carly charged up and said, “okay, I have to go to the gym and I will regret it if I don’t go so let’s just go right now and I will wake up on the way over”.
So we walked to the gym and found out pretty fast that a 20 minute workout in Thailand is equivalent to an hour workout in Australia. There was no Aircon in the gym and it was so hot, most of the machines were broken but we still figured out how to get a good little workout in. We were both dripping in sweat within the first 1 minute of being there. We did a little bit of cardio and a couple weights and then we were done and ready to go to breakfast, (there was no way we were going to miss out on this breakfast again).
We went back upstairs and grabbed Jourdan and changed and went downstairs for this magical breakfast. They had everything you could dream of and more. Even lunch and dinner stuff. They had toast, hot pad Thai, potatoes, juices, the best fruit ever, eggs if you wanted, omelettes cooked to order if you wanted… Really, they had everything! So we stayed here in heaven for about 30 minutes and then we still had time before the boys were coming over so we decided we better go get $6 dollar massages.
We said we only wanted to get a massage for 30 minutes because we didn’t have that much time before Alex and Mark were going to come to our beach to pick us up. When we said we only wanted a half hour massage and pointed to the one that we wanted they gave us an hour massage anyway because that meant more money for them. So they pretty much tricked us. I think they just have the half hour option as a trick but it was still under 6 bucks each so it didn’t really matter. Time was the only thing that mattered. We all got in the same room (bad idea with Jourdan) but we all had our own beds and our own Thai massagers. It wasn’t that relaxing because it is pretty much impossible for Jourdan to be quite for more than 10 minutes. Once she hits the 10 minute mark its outta control. She started laughing because I think that she was ticklish or something but then that just turned into another laugh fest. And when she started laughing the Thai ladies started laughing which made Carly and I laugh and it was just a really funny awkward massage. Can’t say I have ever had a massage like that before. Although we didn’t speak much Thai it was kind of cool to see that laughing is a mutual language no matter where you go, and no matter what you can always be on the same page through laughter. We pretty much made their morning, they thought we were the best and loved us. So even though our massages were interrupted from the laughter we still got a good 25 minutes of peer massage relaxation in between the laugh fest, haha!
Since the Thai ladies decided that we needed an hour massage instead of the half hour that we requested we were late meeting the boys. They were at our hotel waiting patiently for us and we didn’t feel bad for being late because we had waited a long time the day before when they took so long to come get us. We were even after that.

I am cutting this blog off here and finishing the rest of the day on a new blog post so I will be able to post up lots of pictures of the rest of this day because the pictures are amazing and I want to try to put lots up... So the rest of this day is TO BE CONTINUED ON THE BEST BLOG POST NAMED: "24 hours in Thailand. . . CHECK!"

No comments:

Post a Comment